Today’s NASDAQ opening brought a new type of investor as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg rang the bell at the company headquarters. On Thursday, May 17, shares opened to investors at $38 each. For those of you counting, that’s over $16 billion for the over 420 million shares. In less than 12 hours, this number grew to $42/share. That boosts the total value to $116.6 billion. WOW.
Ranking third in the history of IPOs next to Visa and GM, this status update adds 1.1 billion dollars to the 28-year-old tycoon’s bank account. How do you “like” that?
Here at SCORCH, we thought about all we could do with 1.1 billion dollars. After paying off taxes, what would you do?
- Buy a mansion on the Moon?
- Pay David Freese to be your personal assistant for the month?
- Give each employee their own personal keg of Schlafly?
- Hire enough people to count your 1.1 billion dollars?
- Invest in developing a mobile application to better serve the people who make your company?
Share your thoughts below and check back next week to see your ideas in motion.